FASTRATE™ Unit Dose Titration Standards for simplified and repeatable water determination without the error of individual standard preparations.
- Pre-concentrated tablets at 2, 5, 10, and 25 mg
- Can be used with coulometric, volumetric and automated KF methods
- Individually packaged
- Elimination of sample preparation
- Reduced variability in delivery and results
Instructions for Use
FASTRATE™ is a reference standard intended for the titre determination of water in a substance via the Karl Fischer method. The exact amount of water is provided in the Certificate of Analysis that is provided with each lot. Caution – Reference Standard for use in analytical testing. Not for human use. Store at room temperature (15⁰C to 30⁰C), away from moisture. Consult the Material Safety Data Sheet for more information about this product.
- Prepare titrator, capable of conducting titrations, semi-automatically
- Setup and calibrate the titrator using FASTRATE™ as the
standard. Enter the water content reported on the Certificate of
Analysis as required by the method
- FASTRATE™ will begin to dissolve immediately upon delivery
into the vessel. The working medium should be agitated (e.g.
stir bar). After approximately 5 seconds, the tablet will begin to
break apart and dissolve into a suspension in the solvent.
- Titrate each replicate to end point until method acceptance
criteria are met
Some residual suspension will remain after end point determination. This observation is expected.
A color change with the volumetric Karl Fischer method will continue to be observed when the end point is reached.